Complete guide to ultrasonic cleaning
The ultrasonic cleaning is a highly efficient and precise cleaning process that uses high-frequency sound waves in a cleaning fluid to remove dirt and contaminants from parts.
This technology has been used for decades in industry and has proven to be a very effective way of cleaning a wide variety of materials.
We will show you everything you need to know on how ultrasonic cleaning works.
Contents ultrasonic cleaning operation
How does ultrasonic cleaning work?
Ultrasonic cleaning is based on the principle of acoustic cavitation.
In this process, the following are generated high-frequency sound waves in a special cleaning fluid which creates small vacuum bubbles in the liquid.
These bubbles expand and collapse rapidly, creating a force known as cavitation.
Cavitation is very effective to clean parts, as the vacuum bubbles generated by cavitation are able to penetrate small, hard-to-reach areas.
When the bubbles collapse, they generate a force that is capable of loosening and removing dirt and contaminants from surfaces.
In short, the surface of the part receives micro-impacts caused by ultrasonic sound waves and removes oils, grease and all types of dirt on the part-liquid contact surface.
What types of parts can be cleaned with ultrasonic technology?
Ultrasonic cleaning is one of the most important more versatile cleaning methods and can be used to clean a wide variety of parts.
Ultrasonic cleaning devices can clean everything from small, delicate parts such as jewellery and printed circuit boards to large, heavy parts such as engines and heavy machinery.
By working for immersionThe surfaces of the parts are always in contact with the water and the ultrasonic waves produced by the ultrasonic generator, so parts with complex surfaces and hard-to-reach areas can be cleaned.
The ultrasonic cleaning machines are able to clean irregularly shaped parts and rough surfaces effectively, which makes this technology very popular in all types of industries.
Example of engine block cleaning with our POLARIS series
What are the benefits of ultrasonic cleaning?
Ultrasonic cleaning has many benefits for industry and other sectors using this technology. Some of the most important benefits include:
- High efficiencyUltrasonic cleaning is highly efficient and can clean parts in a very short time compared to other cleaning methods.
- Precise cleaning: acoustic cavitation is very precise and can remove dirt and contaminants from very small, hard-to-reach areas.
- SecurityUltrasonic cleaning is a process that is very safeIt does not use toxic chemicals that can harm workers or the environment and is not an invasive method that damages parts.
- Cost savings: Ultrasonic cleaning is a very efficient process and can be carried out by save a lot of time and money compared to other cleaning methods.
- Quality improvement: ultrasonic cleaning is able to remove dirt and contaminants very effectively, in a very short time. nooks and crannies and places where other methods do not reach. Esto translates into improved process quality.
Where can you use ultrasonic cleaning?
Ultrasonic cleaning is an effective cleaning technique used in a wide variety of applications.
Here are some of the most common applications of ultrasonic cleaning:
- Automotive industry: Ultrasonic cleaning is used to clean engine parts, brakes and other automotive components. This technique is very effective in removing grease, oil and other contaminants that accumulate on these parts.
- Electronics industry: Ultrasonic cleaning is used to clean electronic components and remove build-up of dust, grease and other contaminants. This technique is especially useful for cleaning delicate components that cannot be cleaned by other methods.
- Medical industryUltrasonic cleaning is used to clean medical instruments and surgical equipment. This technique is very effective in removing dirt, blood and other contaminants from these instruments, which helps prevent infection and ensures patient safety.
- Food industryUltrasonic cleaning is used to clean equipment and utensils used in the food industry. This technique is very effective in removing food debris, grease and other contaminants, which helps to ensure food safety and hygiene.
- Aerospace industry: Ultrasonic cleaning is almost a standard in this industry due to the quality of the results.
These are just some of the industries and applications, but they can be used for all types of cleaning and processes such as ultrasonic pickling.
Ultrasonic cleaning laboratory
Ultrasonic cleaning manual platform
Machines with pneumatic platform
Ultrasonic pickling equipment
Ultrasonic cleaning is used in a wide variety of applications in different industries due to its effectiveness in removing dirt, contaminants and other debris.
With proper selection of equipment and cleaning fluid, ultrasonic cleaning can be an efficient and cost-effective solution for any industry requiring precise and effective cleaning.
Need more information?
If you need more information we can help you with:
Buy the washing machine and financing.
Detergent suitable for your needs.